Shipping & Delivery
CG Hardware WILL CALL POLICY
CG Hardware is applying the following Will Call Policy for pick-up orders:
Customers who place a Will Call order will receive a pickup notification by email when their order is ready for pickup.When picking up your order please provide your customer ID number, along with phone number or order number, and present a valid ID, to a team member at Will Call location.
We’ll hold your order for (14) days after your order becomes ready for pickup. If your order is not picked up after (14) days, we’ll cancel your order and restock items. Customers with canceled and restocked orders may be responsible for a (15%) restocking fee. Once an order is canceled, you’ll receive a refund to the original payment method for any canceled item. Refund is initiated immediately on the part of CG Hardware, the completion timeline is subject to your card-issuing bank’s policy. There are NO cancellations accepted for custom manufactured or special-order materials. You can extend your pickup window by calling CG Hardware Customer Service at (347) 776-8739. You must do this before the end of your initial pickup window. To avoid cancellation and restocking fees customers can have their order shipped in the most cost-effective way by calling CG Hardware Customer Service at (347) 776-8739. You must do this before the end of your initial pickup window.
CG Hardware Shipping Policy Shipments
All goods ship F.O.B. CG Hardware Service Center located at 119 32nd Street, Brooklyn, NY 11232 unless otherwise specified. Orders will be shipped via carrier selected by the customer – USPS, UPS Regular or Air, motor freight, or other common carriers. If no shipping instructions are provided at the time of the order, we will ship via the most economical service. By default, we will usually ship all orders via UPS, if size and weight permit. Due to size and weight restrictions, orders will sometimes be shipped via common carrier.
The following are methods of shipment available for most orders:
USPS (United States Postal Service)
- Packages must not weigh more than 70 lbs.
- In most cases, packages may not be more than 108 inches in total length and girth. (130 inches for USPS Retail Ground)
- First Class Mail- letters or parcels, usually takes 3-4 days to arrive, within the U.S.
- U.S. Priority Mail usually takes 1-3 days, but does depend on the distance, processing facility location, delivery address and more.
- We use USPS only on request or when the destination is not served by UPS.
UPS Ground Service
UPS Ground services delivers within the 48 contiguous states, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- UPS Ground service is day definite delivery in one to five business days.
- UPS Ground is the most economical choice for all routine shipments.
UPS has established specific weight and size limits for the packages that are sent with all UPS services. The restrictions below only pertain to individual packages. There are no limits on the total weight of your shipment, or the total number of packages in your shipment. Packages larger than the limits listed below will require the use of UPS Freight services or UPS Worldwide Express Freight.
- Packages can be up to 150 lbs.
- Packages can be up to 165 inches in length and girth combined.
- Packages can be up to 108 inches in length.
- Packages with a large size-to-weight ration require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations.
Note: Packages that exceed UPS weight and size limits are subject to an “over maximum limit” charge.
The limitations listed above apply to most packages and destinations, but there are some variances due to local restrictions in certain countries. (Source UPS.com 10/14/19) In order to guarantee UPS next day service, orders must be placed with CG Hardware before noon Eastern Standard Time (EST).
No hazardous materials or aerosol cans can be shipped via UPS Air.
Motor Freight or Common Carrier
Orders will ship via common carrier only when required, due to size and weight limitations. We work with many freight companies that make daily pickups and cover all of the areas to which they ship. For a specific freight company please make that request at the time of your order. We will make every effort to ship your order by requested carrier.
Orders shipped via motor freight or common carrier, to residential areas, are subject to a residential delivery charge in addition to the freight costs.
Total shipping charges are added to your invoice. If payment is sent with your order, please estimate an amount for shipping and include an adequate amount. Any overage will be credited to your account and any shortage will be charged to you.
Shipment Lost or Damage
In the case that a shipment is lost or damaged, all claims must be filed with the shipping company.
- USPS: Claims must be filed with the USPS using their form, along with proof of value and evidence of insurance, to the address on the form.
- UPS: Claims must be filed with UPS via UPS.com or by calling 1-800-PICKUPS.
- Lost Packages: You can file a claim on a package if it has not been delivered 24 hours after the expected delivery date and time.
- Damaged Packages: The receiver should initiate a claim on a damaged package.